Sunday, February 27, 2011

The pain of beauty at a young age

While bows, ponytails and headbands are certainly fun assessories...getting two little girls' hair to look tidy on a daily bases can be downright torture! Big Sis has been going through a phase for many months where she wants her hair "long" which means she does not want a ponytail, but rather a headband, or nothing in at all. The problem is, her hair is very long and seems to naturally fall forward. Since she has no bangs, it means it is inedibly in her face when not pulled back. So we have had to develop some "rules" for hair and it includes that she MUST have a ponytail in every day, and on the rare exception can have a headband in.

Little Sis too has long enough hair that it has to, at the very least, be pulled into a pony on the top of her head to keep it from being in her eyes. Little Sis cries EVERY TIME Daddy does her hair. Not so much when I do her hair but still isn't a big fan. Today, Daddy was doing Little Sis' hair while I was upstairs getting ready for church. Big Sis heard her sister downstairs crying while getting her hair done and said to me, "Mama, I know why sissy is crying. It hurts when Daddy does my hair too but I just close my eyes and pray hard that it will be over soon."

I about lost it!!!! Too funny! I think because Daddy doesn't know what it's like to have long hair, he doesn't know how bad it pulls when he brushes so rough. But that said, at least he cares enough to do their hair. A lot of daddies wouldn't even bother to try. Still, he needs to keep in mind...brushing hair does not require the same strength as taping an ankle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment