Last night, the girls and I were outside playing after dinner. Both girls were sitting on their little picnic table when I notice Big Sister is praying. She had her eyes closed, her head and hands bowed, and was whispering something, clearly not intended for me to hear. Afterwards she said, “Mama, you want to know what prayer I just said”? I replied, “well sure, honey, if you want to share it.” She said “I prayed and sort of wished that God would let me go to Arizona to see my good friend Alaina. I also prayed that when we fly there in the airplane, we’ll see the moon and stars." As she's telling me this, my super-animated child has this big smile and huge, excited eyes like she was waiting for my response. I let her know I had a good feeling we'd be able to get to Arizona sometime this year.
This morning, as soon as she got out of bed, one of the first things she asked me was "when do we get to see Alaina and the moon and stars?" It was very sweet. I'm glad she has such a great memory of she and her buddy Alaina. Alaina was one of Big Sis' first friends as a baby, when we lived in AZ. They are four months apart in age (Big Sis is older) and her mom Brandi is a dear friend of mine. They flew out to Chicago about a year and a half ago (when I was about 8 months pregnant with Little Sis) and we had such a great time. Even though the weather was blustery cold (especially for AZ folk), we all loved riding in a horse drawn carriage and seeing the city's Christmas light-lined shops and windows.
No comments:
Post a Comment